Hi! It’s Lorrie here, visiting the Buttons Galore blog today! Buttons are a fun and easy way to embellish your summer fashion, but have you thought of adding them to your accessories? Who cares if you can’t make it to the beach this summer? Bring the beach to you every single day with these super cute crafty sunglasses (that look and feel like they are covered in sand) featuring summer-themed buttons from Buttons Galore!
- Paradise Found and Fan Shells buttons from Buttons Galore
- Stone Effects Dimensional Paint from Art Anthology in “Sandstone”
- foam brush or palette tool
- hot glue gun
- button shank remover
- Apply Stone Effects paint to the sunglasses with a foam brush or palette tool. If you are using a foam brush, apply the paint with a tapping motion to get better coverage and to add even more dimension.
- While the paint on your sunglasses is drying, remove the shanks from the buttons using a button shank remover.
- Once the dimensional paint is dry, place the buttons onto the sunglass frames and the ear pieces by attaching them with hot glue.
Now you are ready to hit the beach with your summer fun crafty sunglasses – whether the “beach” is your local pool or an expanse of tropical sand!
Latest posts by Lorrie McCullers (see all)
- Fill an Easy Christmas Shaker Card with Buttons! - November 29, 2017
- Decorate Your Home Inside or Out with This Fun Fall Wreath! - October 29, 2017
- Send Festive Flurries with a “Let It Snow” Christmas Card! - September 27, 2017