Today we are joined by blogger/designer/instructor/author May Flaum, from www.craftwithmay.com, who is sharing a back to school project with us. – editor
When I have supplies not being used, I try to envision a purpose and make it useful. In this case I had a small 5×7 chalkboard that has been sitting around way too long. Since I don’t see myself using it as intended, I decided to convert it into a photo frame for this school picture.
This is one of my favorite ways to use buttons, and it’s a super quick and easy project too! It will work on any flat wood frame, and I love how it turned out. The less you think about perfect button placement, and the more you just fill the space and enjoy – the better it will turn out!
I worked with the beautiful Vintage Vogue buttons and I really liked how quick and easy they made this project.
- Haberdashery Vintage Vogue HAB117 buttons,
- Wood photo frame
- white paint
- liquid adhesive
1. Paint frame with white paint if desired
2. Apply a liberal amount of liquid adhesive around the wood frame.
To learn more about May Flaum, see more of her projects or take one of her online classes, visit www.craftwithmay.com.
Latest posts by May Flaum (see all)
- Make a Wreath Card with Wisteria Hues Mix! - March 2, 2017
- Announcing New 28 Lilac Lane Embellishment Bottles! - October 5, 2016
- Oh Sweet Autumn with 28 Lilac Lane Autumn Afternoon! - September 29, 2016