Even thought it’s still hitting temperatures close to 90 degrees at blog central here in Florida, Labor Day passing means fall will rapidly be settling in at Buttons Galore headquarters in New Jersey. And fall means a chance to pull out some colors and designs that many of us haven’t used all summer!
Add a nice holdover from summer – some deep pink from the “Summertime” Button Bonanza – and you’ve got a great mix of fall leaf colors!
Fall brings many occasions that call for dashing off a quick note to someone. Let’s make them pretty – and festive!
Look for Outlandish Orange, Caramel, and the Summertime mix at AC Moore!
- Pink & Main stamps: Directional Borders, Tab Alpha
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy, Spiced Marmalade & Worn Lipstick
- 8.5″ x 11″ Cream Colored Smooth Cardstock
- Embroidery floss and needle
- Adhesive dots
- Buttons Galore Button Basics in Caramel & Outlandish Orange
- Buttons Galore Button Bonanza in Summertime
1. Cut paper in half longwise and fold to make a card base.
2. Starting near the fold, use the stamp set to stamp the arrow border once from each side, leaving a gap in the middle to place a button. Work your way down the card, changing colors as you get closer to the bottom.
3. Use the alphabet stamps to create the phrase “Happy Fall,” aligned with the right edge.
4. Thread buttons and tie them using embroidery floss and needle.
5. Attach buttons in border gaps with adhesive dots.
This versatile button card design could work for any season or holiday, simply by changing up the color scheme and the sentiment that is stamped. Try the bright primary colors in our Primary Button Bonanza (also available at AC Moore) for a birthday card, or red, white, and blue for a patriotic theme!