Father’s Day is almost here, and that means time to make cards for dads, grandpas, and other special men in our lives! This quick and simple Father’s Day card is easy to make, and has a fun orange and turquoise color scheme that will make kids and grown-ups happy!
The card design is based on a preprinted journal card cut from a sheet of Simple Stories patterned paper. To keep it from looking plain as the basis of the card, embellish it with pearls that match the TV’s printed dials. The “screen” of the TV is the perfect place to hold the card’s sentiment. Stamp the sentiment on cardstock and then cut it apart to fit onto the screen. Adhere.
Next mat the TV card on orange patterned paper, and then mount it onto the card front. Finally, attach the card front to a blank card to complete the layers.
To wrap the twine, poke a hold in the spine of the card. Using the hole, wrap the twine around the card twice. Finish with the ends on the front. Thread a button onto each end of the twine, and then tie the ends together. To make the buttons lay more flat, glue dots can be attached behind them.
- Simple Stories “So Rad” collection
- Orange Honeycomb
- Teal Dot
- Grey cardstock
- Blank card
- Hero Arts “Celebrate Everyday” stamps
- Colorbox Mini Pigment Ink (Black)
- Colorbox Petal Point Pad in Aurora
- Colorbox Stephanie Barnard Premium Dye Ink in Tangerine
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Jute Twine
- 28 Lilac Lane by Buttons Galore Paws & Pets embellishment kit
- 28 Lilac Lane by Buttons Galore Tropical Twist embellishment kit
- 28 Lilac Lane by Buttons Galore Let It Snow embellishment kit
This card is perfect for any of the favorite fathers (or father figures) in your life. Who would you give this quick & simple Father’s Day card to for Father’s Day?
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017
- Embellish a Fiesta Birthday Card! - May 11, 2017