Is the dad in your life a sports fan? This baseball Father’s Day card may be the perfect way to send your love on Father’s Day!
This simple Father’s Day card is based on only two main elements: a die cut and some of our fun 3D buttons!
A plain blank card takes on a baseball pinstripe look with the help of a background stamp. The texture of the blank card keeps it from stamping completely perfectly, giving it a vintage distressed look. A strip of patterned paper also helps to create a vintage vibe, which is perfect since baseball is a sport with such a strong sense of history. The die cut is cut from a red cardstock that matches to stitching on the baseball, and which creates a nice contrast to the blue. Once that is done, all that is needed is to attach the buttons. (The bat is attached with some embroidery floss, and the ball is glued.)
This baseball father’s day card could easily be themed for another sport with only a few changes. Simply change out the baseball buttons for other Buttons Galore sports themed ones such as basketball, soccer, or football, and then change the background stripes for stars!
- Buttons Galore #4065 Baseball 3D buttons
- Hero Arts Large Canvas Stripes Background stamp
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans
- Cricut Explore machine & cut file
- Bazzill cardstock (red)
- Blank card (blue)
- Tim Holtz “Crowded Attic” Paper Stash
- embroidery floss (brown)
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017
- Embellish a Fiesta Birthday Card! - May 11, 2017