Circles are trendy right now – and they are a perfect match for buttons! This five minute card project pairs circles, buttons and a retro style patterned paper to create a look for an easy birthday card that is quirky and fun!
- Buttons Galore “Summertime” Button Bonanza
- PPA Matte adhesive
- blank card base
- black ink
- Hero Arts “Many Everyday Messages” clear stamp set
- Crate Paper “Chasing Dreams” 6×6 paper pad
- assorted circle punches (.5″, .75″, 1″, 1.5″, 1.75″)
To make this easy birthday card, select a blank card base and use black ink to stamp a sentiment in the lower right hand corner. I chose a birthday sentiment for my card, but this card design is really suitable for a variety of occasions: hello, cheer, thank you, and many others. Simply choose a sentiment suitable for your desired occasion!
Cut a piece of paper to 5 1/2″ by 3 3/8″. Get out your circle punches and punch about a half dozen random holes in it. Adhere it across the card front, just above the sentiment.
Select buttons that fit in each of the circles and glue them down with a clear drying white glue such as PPA Matte. Try to pay attention to color balance when selecting your buttons – don’t choose too many large buttons the same color or use too many buttons close together in one area of the card that are the same color.
When the glue dries, your card is ready to be put in an envelope and delivered! This easy birthday card project would also be great for doing with kids to make teacher thank you cards for the end of the school year, And the color scheme possibilities are as endless as our Button Bonanzas…check them out and get inspired!
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017
- Embellish a Fiesta Birthday Card! - May 11, 2017