Pre-designed gift bags can easily run $5 or more, and it’s not always convenient to run out and buy one at the last minute. What to do? Craft up a solution, of course. Keeping a stash of blank bags in your craft supplies means that with a few minutes of creativity, you always have the perfect gift bag on hand!
To make this gift bag, all you need is:
- a blank gift bag
- assorted washi tape rolls
- Vacation button assortment (HB107)
- embroidery floss & needle
- 7/8″ sheer ribbon
- hot glue gun
- die cut machine
- white vinyl & transfer tape
Making this bag is super easy:
1. Start by tearing off some strips of washi tape and attaching them to the bag as stripes, varying the colors.
2. Using embroidery floss, sew thread through buttons and tie it off.
3. Attach the buttons to the top few rows of washi tape in random positions, using a hot glue gun.
5. Tie a bow from sheer ribbon around one side of the handle.
And there you have it…five steps to a fabulous all-occasion gift bag! While my bag is a generic theme, this bag design could be customized for any holiday by selecting washi tape and buttons that are themed and colored appropriately (such as red and green for Christmas).
What occasions do you use gift bags for?