A handmade card is the perfect finishing touch to a gift for a new baby. With the Buttons Galore 3D “Baby Hugs” collection of buttons by Vicki Schreiner, it’s fast and easy to make cards like this simple baby boy card! The only supplies needed are paper and buttons and a pen.
- Buttons Galore “Baby Hugs” 3D buttons (Little Baby Boy)
- Yellow Patterned Paper (Bella Blvd “Tiny Tots”)
- White Cardstock
- Sentiment Stamp (Lawn Fawn “Sophie’s Sentiments”) & black ink or black pen
- PPA Matte Adhesive or Aleene’s Tacky Glue
That looks like a long list, but it’s really just a package of buttons, two sheets of cardstock, and some glue. I used a sentiment stamp for adding “it’s a boy” but it could easily be added with just a marker.
Assembling this card is simple – and fast! Just cut a piece of white cardstock sized 8.5″ x 5.5″ and fold it in half to make a card base. Cut a piece of yellow patterned paper that is 4.25″ x 5.5″ and glue it to the front of the card base.
Cut a 3/4″ strip on the leftover white cardstock to make the sentiment strip. Use scissors to snip the ends of it to create a banner. Write or stamp the sentiment on it, and glue it about 2/3 of the way down the front of the card.
This quick and simple baby card can be make in less than 10 minutes. This simple design can be adapted to many other occasions (like birthdays and weddings) as well with the help of our other 3D button collections such as Sweet Delights or our wedding collection.
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- We’re blog hopping with Poppy Stamps! - September 28, 2017
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017