Make a lovely wedding card. Wedding season is upon us!
I love to use the colors chosen by the wedding party. By stamping and adding matching buttons, any card can become extra special to the bride and groom.
This is a simple easel card with a little bit of stamping with die cuts. It’s not difficult. The background is embossed panels – the folder is Swiss Dots. The swirls are die cut from the Belle Rose set from Heartfelt Creations. The sprigs are from a Spellbinders set called Foliage. When some were too big, I just cut them down. Make your dies work.
I stamped my bird cage and fussy cut it. I also cut a mat for it, so it would stand out in the business of the flowers. The buttons help the card stay open. To one I added a bling center, and then I took two buttons and tied them together with twine. The larger white button is actually upside down, so that the twine doesn’t touch the card.
I stamped and cut out the label. My sentiment was a tad too big, so I just matted it and accented it with some fancy bling.
- Valentino Collection Buttons
- Blank Flower Shapes
- Buttons Galore Adhesives
- Stamps – Gina K
- Bling – Want2Scrap and Hero Arts
- Flowers – Petaloo
- Ink – Close to My Heart and Copic
- Twine – Doodlebug Design
- Die Cutting and Embossing – Cuttlebug, Heartfelt Creations, Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Fiskars Stamp Press
- Fiskars Craft Scissors
Latest posts by Allie Gower (see all)
- Buttons Galore 2014 Valentine Round Up - February 1, 2014
- BeBunni Blue Birthday Card - December 26, 2013
- CHRISTMAS DIY: Colorful Buttons for Doll Stockings - December 10, 2013