Our 28 Lilac Lane embellishment kits designed by May Flaum make the perfect finishing touch for projects like this mixed media tag! This tag thinks “outside the box” with our Paws & Pets kit, using its lovely brown tones as the perfect partner for some vintage style Tim Holtz products.
- 28 Lilac Lane “Paws & Pets” embellishment kit
- 28 Lilac Lane “Vintage Findings” embellishment kit
- PPA Matte Adhesive
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations “Tag & Bookplates” die
- Tim Holtz idea-ology “Dapper” Paper Stash
- Ranger Tim Holtz “Ground Espresso” Distress Ink
- Ranger Tim Holtz “Picket Fence” Distress Paint
- The Crafter’s Workshop “Mini Harlequin” stencil
- Tim Holtz idea-ology “Small Talk” stickers
- Tim Holtz for Stamper’s Anonymous “Clock” Wood-Mounted Stamp
- Melissa Frances Ribbon
To make this tag, begin by cutting the dapper man out of the patterned paper sheet. Then flip the sheet over and cut the tag base out of the Tim Holtz paper and glue down the hole reinforcer.
Using the Distress Paint dabber, stencil the harlequin design across the middle of the tag. Once dry, glue the dapper man on top of it. Stamp the clock image with Ground Espresso ink, allowing it to bleed off the edge of the tag.
Lay down an area of glue in the bottom right corner of the tag and spread a random assortment of buttons and seed beeds throughout the area. (In addition to the Paws & Pets kit, I used one ivory button from the Vintage Findings kit.)
Lay down another area of glue in the upper left corner and spread another assortment of seed beads in that area. Loop a short length of the Melissa Frances ribbon through the tag’s hole, and stitch a button through it to keep it in place.
To finish off the mixed media tag, select some phrase stickers from the Small Talk set and place them over the dapper man. I selected phrases that reflected the man’s confidence and effortless sense of personal style.
Our pre-coordinated 28 Lilac Lane kits are the perfect quick & easy embellishment for all your mixed media projects. Don’t forget to look past the name to the color scheme, and “think outside the box” about all the wonderful things that they can do!
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- We’re blog hopping with Poppy Stamps! - September 28, 2017
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017