Shaker cards are a fun and easy way to make fast cards that look way more complex than they are. They pack a big visual punch, but are surprisingly simple to make!
- Jillibean Soup Die, Stamp Set & Shaker Card Insert
- Blank Card
- White Cardstock
- Colorbox Pigment Ink (Razzberry)
- Colorbox Petal Point Pigment Ink (Pinwheel)
- 28 Lilac Lane “Hello Sunshine” embellishment bottle
This shaker card is based around Jillibean Soup’s matching dies, stamp sets and shaker box inserts that make mason jar shakers. They are a great size for filling with buttons, sequins, and seed beads – the contents of our 28 Lilac Lane embellishment bottles!
For this card, I used the “Hello, Sunshine” bottle to make it look like this jar shaker was filled with lemonade. The sequins in the mix add a nice extra bit of sparkle to the shaker!
Filling this mason jar with a rainbow assortment of buttons would turn it into grandma’s button jar for a more generic sentiment like “thank you” or a new home welcome card.
Don’t forget that if you are giving this card to a crafter, our 28 Lilac Lane embellishments aren’t just functional – they also make the card a fun little bonus gift! After the party is over, the recipient can recycle the card, open the shaker box, and save the embellishments for using on a project of their own!
Latest posts by Nancy Nally (see all)
- Announcing…New 28 Lilac Lane Premium Collection Sequin Tins! - June 30, 2017
- Announcing…the new Buttons Galore Design Team! - May 18, 2017
- Embellish a Fiesta Birthday Card! - May 11, 2017