Editor’s Note: Today we welcome back former design team member Laura Bray as a guest designer to share a project for embellished Thanksgiving napkins that are an easy way to make your holiday table beautiful!
Hi Button Lovers! It’s Laura Bray. Some of you may remember me when I was on the design team for Buttons Galore & More. I still use my BGM buttons on my craft projects and I’m so excited about the 28 Lilac line of buttons – the kits and bottles make it so easy to make a pretty, coordinated craft.
It’s almost Thanksgiving, so I wanted to show you how you can turn a plain, cloth napkin into beautiful, boutique-style table décor for the holidays.
- 28 Lilac Lane Embellishment Bottle in Toasted Graham
- 28 Lilac Lane Sequin Tin in Neutrals
- Linen or cotton napkins
- Embroidery floss-I used DCM4135. It complements the Toaster Graham colors wonderfully!
- Embroidery hoop
- Embroidery needle
Pick a corner to embellish, then begin stitching on buttons of varying sizes and sequins onto the napkin randomly. Not a sewer? You can also use fabric glue!
To clean your napkins, hand wash and try to avoid submersing the embellished corner in water.
These look so stunning they will probably become family heirlooms!
Latest posts by Laura Bray (see all)
- Butterfly Wall Art - January 30, 2017
- Boho Button Wall Art - January 26, 2017
- Make Easy Embellished Thanksgiving Napkins with Buttons - October 13, 2016