As a northerner transplanted to the south, I remember all too well the dark days of February in the cold part of the country. This time of year it seemed that winter would never end! So today, I’m here to bring a blast of sunshine to February, with some help from the new sequin tins from 28 Lilac Lane.
This mixed-media inspired sequin card is very simple to make. By simply changing up the sentiment stickers, it can be perfect for providing cheer on a variety of occasions.
- Blank Card
- Cardstock (yellow, orange, blue)
- Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- 28 Lilac Lane by Buttons Galore Yellow and Orange sequin tin
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Small Talk stickers
- Cricut Explore machine
- Cricut Design Space cutting file
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Carved Pumpkin)
- Ranger Dylusions Spray Ink (Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue)
- Ranger Dylusions Mica Spray (Vibrant Turquoise)
- Sewing Machine
- Spray the two spray inks randomly on a sheet of the watercolor cardstock. Spritz with water and blot to blend. Repeat until satisfied with color blend. (Check out this video for tips.)
- Trim a half inch off of each direction of the cardstock. Stitch cardstock down to the front of the blank card.
- Spray the card front with Mica Spray.
- Cut the sun element from yellow and orange cardstock on the die cutting machine.
- Ink the edges of the sun element with the Carved Pumpkin ink.
- Spread white glue on the center of the die cut, and place sequins. Let dry.
- Assemble two parts of sun die cut together. Adhere die cut to front of card.
- Adhere phrase stickers to card.
The sequins will shine on their own in this sequin card, of course, but the Mica Spray enhances the card’s overall shine and brings out the sequins’ shine. And the orange ink will make the darker toned sequins in the yellow sequin blend really pop!
The 28 Lilac Lane sequin tins will be shipping soon – don’t miss out on the entire collection of all six color blends!