You can add your own pretty handmade art to every guest table at your wedding reception with just a few steps. Use the Buttons Galore and More blank craft shapes to create mini masterpieces that coordinate with your wedding theme. You can use these pieces to embellish candle votive holders, make into wedding party gifts or even as jewelry for the bride and bridal party. I played with different colors and color combinations, use what works for your event theme. I used the idea of dragonfly decor.
Materials you need Make Pretty Dragonfly Decor for your Wedding:
- Oval blank craft shapes
- Flower blank craft shapes
- Smooch Spritz in a variety of colors
- Heat gun
- Organza ribbon
- Stencil shape
- Repositional spray adhesive
Steps to make your own Make Pretty Dragonfly Decor for your Wedding:
- Make sure to cover work space with paper to prevent spraying in unwanted surfaces.
- Create a stencil using a decorate punch or use a pre-made stencil. I used a tiny dragonfly paper punch to create this image.
- Spray adhesive on one side of the stencil and adhere to the craft shape.
- Spray Smooch Spritz, one color at a time on to the craft shape. You can blot the ink with a tissue to lighten it, blend it or to remove it.
- Use the heat gun to set color between applications.
- To blend colors, spray two to 3 colors before blotting or applying heat.
- Finish the piece of art, remove the stencil and then liberally spray Champagne Smooch Spritz and applying heat. This will give an overall sparkle to the entire piece, even on the stenciled area.
- Thread organza ribbon through the craft shape holes and tie around a glass votive holder.
Don’t be afraid of adding more color. If you don’t heat set, you can wipe off some of the excess color and start over. Although you may not be able to wipe off all the color, you will be able to remove quite a bit of it.
If your stencil comes loose from the heat gun use, simply reapply with more adhesive spray.
Most importantly, have fun creating your own personalized dragonfly decor!