Make a Duck Tape iphone purse with buttons galore and more buttons. I was struggling with ideas to make for my projects this month featuring buttons. While I was sitting around brainstorming, I started playing with the fancy roll of Duck Tape I had and next thing ya know, I had made a mini purse. Now, I don’t have photos to share showing how I made the purse exactly. That’s what happens when a girl get crafty at 11pm with no plan. However, I’ll tell you how I did it.
I used buttons to create the closing feature on this purse. I hand stitched these buttons in place so they would be more sturdy than a simple adhesive attachment. I think it would be fun to sew extra embellishments and designs on the purse too.
Materials I used:
- Duck Tape
- Vacation – Coordinating buttons
- Embroidery thread and needle
– no kidding, that’s it!
How to make your own iPhone purse with Duck Tape and Buttons:
- Create a sheet of double sided Duck Tape that is 3 tape strips wide and 11″ long. To make the sheet, tear off 3 pieces of tape that are about 11″ long, lay them next to each other, overlapping on the side by about 1/4″. Repeate this step and then stick the two large pieces on top of each other.
- Fold the bottom up about 4″ and tape the sides. Now you should have a pocket with a flap.
- Cut a small hole on each side of the pocket opening.
- Using a long strip of duck tape, make a strap for your purse. Roll or fold the strip of tape until it is more like a cord with no sticky side showing. RUn the cord through each hole on the purse pocket. Place tape around the edges of the cord so that it stays in place.
- Add your buttons
- Sew buttons in place however you’d like.
- Wrap thread around the bottom button and leave a piece hanging so you can use it to wrap around the flap button to keep your purse closed.
I always carry a super small purse, so you could use this as your wallet or add more pockets to carry more little treasures. I think it would be neat to add a few different Duck Tape patterns too. Get creative with the Duck Tape to make your own fun purse. I’d love to hear what you come up with!