I am in love with doilies. Seriously, I think everything looks better with a doily. And, as Spring and Summer approach, I’ve also got pinwheels on my mind. So, when I was brainstorming some wedding ideas to share with you, I decided to combine my two loves. Of course I threw in a button for good measure too! These doily pinwheels would be great wedding favors or, if you want to give your wedding a whimsical touch, why not line the ceremony aisle with them? I can’t imagine a better way to walk into life as a newlywed than between pinwheels. After all, doesn’t your groom make your heart spin?
Supplies for Doily Pinwheels:
Instructions for Doily Pinwheels:
- Fold the paper doily in half. Open it and fold it in half the other way. Open it up and lay it flat.
- Cut along the fold marks, stopping 1″ from the center of the doily.
- Take one corner of each cut edge and fold it towards the center of the doily. Attach it with a dab of glue. Continue folding other three cuts.
- Glue the pinwheel onto one end of the straw.
- Glue a button into the center of the pinwheel.
Tip: Match the button and the stripes of the straw to your wedding colors. If you can’t find straws to match, use wood sticks and paint them to match!