I’m 50% Irish and I make sure everyone knows it on St. Pat’s Day! Today’s project is a “Luck of the Irish” Key Fob. Put it on your key ring for a little extra luck. Who doesn’t need that on the roads today?
Luck of the Irish Key Fob
- White felt, cut into a 2.5″ X 2.5″ square
- Green felt, cut into a 2.5″ x 2.5″ square
- 3″ piece of shamrock ribbon
- Craft glue
- 3 green buttons-Buttons Galore and More Spring Green
- Green embroidery floss and needle
- Place three buttons onto the white felt in the shape of a shamrock. Trace an outline of the shape about 1/8″ from the buttons.
- Stitch the buttons into place. Embroider the shamrock-shaped outline you traced. Add any other embroidery embellishments to the square.
- Lay the green felt square down on your work surface. Fold the shamrock ribbon in half and place the cut ends on the edge of the top of the felt. Make sure it is centered. Glue in place.
- Apply glue to the back of your button and embroidered piece of felt. Lay on top of the green felt. Make sure the ribbon is sandwiched between the pieces securely.
- Allow to dry. Attach to your key ring.
These would also make cute gift tags or luggage tags (you would always be able to spot your suitcase at the airport).
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!