Make your own pretty Christmas Tree decor with buttons. You can add any extras you like including button ornaments and mini garland. I created this holiday button decor using an old placement that I recycled to create the background piece. I love it when a project is completed without sewing a single thing!
Materials you need:
- 1 bag of Button Bonanza – Green
- Gold ornate buttons – Gold and Silver Grab Bag
- Gold corner pieces
- Background fabric
- Red ribbon
- 3 in 1 Craft glue
How to make this Button Collage Christmas Tree holiday decor
- Sketch the tree shape on to the finished fabric background. I used a dark green colored pencil on lighter green fabric so the pencil would blend in once I was finished with my collage.
- Apply fabric glue all around the inside of the tree shape.
- Place green buttons on glue making sure to mix the sizes up while still covering the majority of the space with buttons. Let dry.
- Using craft glue, add gold buttons throughout tree to appear as ornaments on the tree.
- Measure, cut and adhere red ribbon along each side of the fabric background leaving at least an inch of green fabric on either edge of the ribbon. Glue gold corners on top of ribbon.