Hi! It’s Laura Bray with another fun, button-themed guest blog post! The “Boho” trend is still going strong and feathers are still the rage, so for today’s project, I thought I would show you how to create this unique, button-encrusted feather plaque.
- Paint the Rustic Feather with blue paint and allow to dry completely.
- Apply a thick layer of glue down the center stem of the feather and pour mini beads over it, press the beads lightly into the glue and allow to dry completely.
- Working in small sections of the feather, cover the area in a thick layer of glue, then put blue buttons, in varying sizes in the area. Work quickly. While the glue is still wet, pour sequins and beads over the spaces between the buttons. Let each section dry before moving to the next.
- Once you have covered the feather in buttons, beads, and sequins, go back and glue some additional buttons on top of some areas. This helps to fill in any empty spaces as well as give the piece a bit more depth and texture.
Latest posts by Laura Bray (see all)
- Butterfly Wall Art - January 30, 2017
- Boho Button Wall Art - January 26, 2017
- Make Easy Embellished Thanksgiving Napkins with Buttons - October 13, 2016